Re: Nepenthes Fertilisers

Vinhdam (vinhdam@nando.net)
Fri, 1 Mar 1996 00:12:43 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 29 Feb 1996 shafer@godot.Colorado.EDU wrote:

> I've had great success fertilizing Neps with crickets. Growth is
> tremendously enhanced. If the plants are small, I just use very
> small crickets, some under a quarter inch. However, I've also
> used Miracid at one tenth strength on Neps with good results, although
> I only use it as a foliar feed (spray it on the leaves).
>
> Jeff Shafer

I feed my CP's exclusively with Vitafly, a food product for aquarium
fish. Vitafly is "house" flies raised in sanitary condition and freeze
dried with coated vitamins. The plants are doing extremely well with this
food.

The cost is about 3 dollars for a small jar about 3 inches tall and a
little over 1 inche wide. Vitafly is sold at better aquarium stores
around the US.

I never use any fertilizer.

-Vinh Dam-