re: tap water

Peter Krakaur (ils@aimnet.com)
Wed, 13 Mar 1996 09:23:54 -0700

On Tues, Mar 12, R5M@aol.com wrote:

>Unfortunately, not all the Bay Area Water is stored the same way. If the
>person asking about water lives in S.F., leaving the water out overnight is
>fine, however, if he lives in Berkeley, this is not fine and he will either
>have to buy a RO unit or put a bucket out for the rain water.
>I have 60+ gal. of rainwater stored against the summer drought.

Letting the water sit out overnight might help with chlorine, but it won't
help your pH. I recently tested the pH of my water from the tap (which is
also filtered) and it was 7.5. No wonder the plants were screaming at me.

Peter Krakaur, Esq. Phone: (415) 647-8695
Internet Legal Services Fax: (415) 647-9234
174 Randall Street E-mail: ils@aimnet.com
San Francisco, CA 94131

Author of The Practicing Attorney's Home Page
URL= http://users.aimnet.com/~ils/main.html