Re: Re: Philippines

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Tue, 02 Apr 96 20:03 EST

> From: bb626@SCN.ORG(SCN User)
>
> As for N. petiolata i would have to see ELMER's write up on N.
> surigaoensis. I have found the documentation back then very sloppy.
> Does Danser consider the petioles in N. truncata and alata when he
> made the evaluation of that sample from Elmer? They all grow together
> in Mindinao and multiple hybrids are all over the place.

So there are no plants of N.petiolata in cultivation. The plants
in cultivation called N.pet are really hybrids. The plants, N.pet,
that are still in the wild might all be hybrids involving N.truncata
and N.alata. Is this where this is going? What species are present
on the philippines? I know of N.truncata, alata, ventricosa; are there
others?

Dave Evans