Re: new member

Andreas Wistuba (andreas.wistuba@rhein-neckar.de)
Sun, 28 Apr 1996 07:30:01 GMT

On Sat, 27 Apr 1996 11:28:36 -0700, you wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>
>My name is Anja and I am a new CP'er. I live in Germany, working here
>in a mikrobiological laboratory (with bacteria, fungi, etc..)
>I am fascinated in CP's since I got a Venus Fly Trap (it is only a few
>month ago, so I am really a beginner ) I like to learn more about
>this plants and how to cultivate them.
>Now I have a few CP's: Nepenthes, Drosera and of course VFT (wich are
>my favourite CP's ). They grow on my window-sill in ordinary
>flower-pots. Is it better to use a small greenhouse (very small, for
>window-sills) ???? Is it necessary to use additional light
>(special lamps for plants) ??? And does anybody know, where I can get
>seeds of CP's ????

As a German grower you best become a member of the "Gesellschaft fuer
fleischfressende Pflanzen" (GFP) which has a good seed bank or if you
are seriously interested you might join the ICPS (International
Carnivorous Plant Society), publisher of the best of all CP journals,
the CPN.

Bye,

Andreas

Andreas Wistuba; Mudauer Ring 227; 68259 Mannheim; Germany
Phone: +49-621-705471 / +49-621-7152027
Fax: +49-621-7152028
E-Mail: andreas.wistuba@rhein-neckar.de
WWW: http://www.rhein-neckar.de/~carnivor/index.html