Re: live Sphagnum

Philip F. Wight (phil@wight.com)
Wed, 8 May 1996 07:23:02 -0700 (PDT)

I have all my nepenthes (about 150 plants) planted in NZ sphagnum. All
but four of these plants are in terrariums. In MOST of the pots, the
sphagnum is alive and thriving - and this all from the "sterilized" stuff
that's imported. I also have some beautiful NZ tree ferns growing in a
couple of pots, which I fully intend to keep and transplant, so those
spores have also survived the "sterilization". I buy my sphagnum from
OFE. It seems that if it's keep in a nice warm wet place it almost
always has enough spores left to spring to life again.

Cheers,
Phil