Re: Mail Readers and a Sarracenia question

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Wed, 15 May 96 17:20 EDT

> From: "Phil Semanchuk" <semanchuk~pj@GLAXO.COM>
>
> We now return you to your regularly scheduled program...

Well, before we do that: There was just a message from someone
about a visit to Borneo that included some sort of coded file.
Perhap's these should be sent to Rick *and not the list* so he
can post them on the web site?

> How can I tell (or when will I be able to tell) if the sprouts in
> my outdoor pots are indeed my Sarracenia seeds or something that
> just arrived on a breeze?

Well, there should be pitchers growing from them. If they are
too small, use a magnifying glass to ID the plants. Often
the cotyledon, which are rather long and shaped similar to
tomato's, will have the seed coats stuck on them, usually
at the tip of one or the other cots.

Dave Evans