Re: New Member from Singapore

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Thu, 23 May 96 23:04 EDT

> From: TANWK <TANWK@AM.NIE.AC.SG>
>
> Hi ! My name is Tan Wee Kiat. "Tan" refers to my family,
> In Singapore when Chinese meet each other, the usual
> greeting is not "How are you?" but "have you eaten yet?".

Hey guys, I think he's on to something here. ;)

> You might know that the upper pitchers of N ampullaria are not
commonly seen. We have, very luckily, seen them at 6 different
locations in southern Peninsular Malaysia (but not here in
Singaore, so far!) and have written this up in Nature
Malaysiana, 20:1, 1996. >>>

Hi Wee Kiat,
Going on Nepenthes "hunts" sounds like a lot of fun! I wish I
could go. Maybe someday... Anyway, what did the upper pitchers
of the N.ampullaria look like? Were they functional, able to
catch bugs? I saw the photo of one in a recent CPN. It didn't
look as though it would catch much...

Dave Evans