Re: New member

Ken Cusson (ccskenc@redshift.com)
Tue, 04 Jun 1996 21:18:17 -0700

Martin Grambow wrote:

> While reading books, scanning WWW-pages and reading your articles
> in this group I as a beginner get more and more confused about
> feeding the plants. There are a lot of opinions. "No food",
> "Maybe food" and "Yes, food ". ?????
> I did not feed them in the past and the plants live. Do I have to
> feed to avoid killing them in the future? Can I get better
> results in growing with feeding them?
>
> I would be glad to get a few informations about that theme.

Hi, Martin! Welcom to the list!

I was confused on this one as well. All I can suggest is that you go
very easy on the feeding -- anything. If your plants are catching food,
than chances are they are catching all they need. If not, MOST of your
plants will enjoy a monthly spraying (foliar feeding) of Miracid at,
maybe, 25% of what the label suggests. Some of the Sundews, however,
seem to dislike it.

Others are probably tired of my "evangelizing" for it, but SuperThrive
is a great additive, although it isn't actually "food." Adding one drop
to every gallon of water you give your plants will do amazing things for
them.

Take care & happy growing!

Ken C.