Re: D.bulbosa ssp bulbosa

Phil (cp@pwilson.demon.co.uk)
Sat, 15 Jun 1996 09:24:39 GMT

In your message dated Friday 14, June 1996 you wrote :
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have just obtained som D.bulbosa ssp bulbosa seed, and I was wondering
if anyone else has had experience with this plant. I know it is a tuber
forming species, but does it require warm tempratures and high humidity?

> Thanks,
>
> Russell Elliott

As with all tuberous Drosera species it only needs a winter minimum of 5C
but plenty of sunlight. It doesn't need high humidity and I wouldn't
say it needs terrarium conditions. It's a winter grower and be prepared for
a long wait for germination - a year plus in some cases.

--
Phil Wilson
(cp@pwilson.demon.co.uk)