Re: Rooting Nepenthes in Water Update

Ben Levin (benjinsl@astro.ocis.temple.edu)
Fri, 21 Jun 1996 13:08:53 -0400 (EDT)

Hey all,

To be the devil's advocate: do you know that when cuttings are put in
soil/media they don't also root within the same time frame or even
sooner? However, I can imagine that it's better to root in water since
there's not the same water stress, which these tropical plants probably
don't appreciate, that can be inherent in rooting in solid media.

Ben.