Re: UNPA CP Stamp Album MISTAKE!

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Thu, 25 Jul 96 16:30 EDT

> From: L235@AOL.COM
>

> I just received my order of United Nations Postal Administration
> Endangered Species Stamps (the ones that include C. follicularis and
> D. californica). The stamps are great, as is the album that comes
> along with it ... one problem. Has anyone noticed that the full-page
> color artwork that accompanies the two-page Darlingtonia spread is of
> S. minor? You should see this thing ... a three-color label
> "DARLINGTONIA CALIFORNICA" sitting over a huge clump of S. minor
> sitting amongst ferns at the edge of a lily pond.

Jay,

I was looking though a book on Texas wild flowers and came
upon an entry for Cobra Lilies! There was no picture but the
discription was of Darlingtonia. They should have been writing
about S.alata but that wasn't even mentioned. I wonder how
many people have been looking for these Texan Cobra Lilies?

Dave Evans