RE: Safers Soap on mealy bug

John Phillips (phillips@library.ucsf.edu)
Mon, 12 Aug 96 09:05:49 CST

In Message Mon, 12 Aug 1996 02:20:30 -0700,
Nexus User elliott <elliott@nexus.edu.au> writes:

>Hi,
>
> I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with
>the chemical "safers soap" on their CP. At the moment I
>am having problems with mealy bug on my Sarracenia
>(again!!!), and this chemical was named as a safe
>alternative to harsher chemicals.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Russell Elliott
Russell, I've used this on Sarracenia and VFT's with good results. It is
hard on Utricularia and will burn the leaves of Drosera, but in a pinch you
can spray Drosera and then flush them with water. But you do need to re-spray
again after a week or two to really kill an infestation.
John Phillips Email: phillips@library.ucsf.edu
Information Services
UCSF Health Sciences Library Rm 202
San Francisco, CA 94143-0840