Re: Crickets and CP (HELP!!!)

John Walker (jorwa@ix.netcom.com)
Fri, 16 Aug 1996 17:03:36 -0700

You wrote:

>Crickets have been plentiful and voracious this summer, and they
posses an
>almost single-minded fondness for my upright Sarracenia. They've
chewed holes
>in hoods and nectar rolls, scraped the cuticle off of long strips of
>pitchers, and even chewed off the tips of young shoots (particularly
annoying
>on my new S. alata "black").
>
>OK, question time .. how do I get rid of the things?????
>In the US, is there poison bait that anyone's found effective?

Jay, around the house we use a product called AMDRO. It is made up of
little yellow crystals that can be spread around your bog. It is
really made for ants but I see all kinds of bugs eating it at night. I
buy it at our local Home Depot Store where I've also seen cricket
powder for sale. Never used the powder though.

Regards,

JW