CITES in the EEC

Gordon Wells (wells@ic.upc.es)
Mon, 16 Sep 1996 15:13:25 UTC+0200

On Fri, 13 Sep 1996, Johannes Mirabini wrote:

> Within the European Union all seeds of CP's (excluding appendix I sp.)
> are free! You don't need Cites and you can import them without
> problems! The rule for EU-States is the law EWG Nr.3626/82 (the
> actual form - I don`t know the date!).

> In 1997 will come a new law, which substitute this law.

Hi Johannes,

Could you please tell me where I might locate the text of this law ?
I've heard many people comment on CITES in the EEC, but this is the
first reference to the actual law that I've seen (thanks very much
for sharing it with us!). I think it might be interesting for many
people in the group (especially those of us here in Europe) if we could
include a copy of these laws in the CP archives, since there are many
contradictory practices by European nurseries regarding the need
for CITES permits.

Best regards,

Gordon Wells
Instituto de Robotica e Informatica Industrial
Av. Gran Capitan 2-4
Barcelona 08028
SPAIN