Pitcher Plants of Borneo

Steve Grigg (sgrigg@ultra.net.au)
Fri, 18 Oct 1996 20:54:03 +1000

>Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 00:05:34 -0700
>From: Michael Fleck <mfleck@direct.ca>
>To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
>Subject: Pitcher Plants of Borneo
>
>Hello Everyone:
>

>I am thinking about sending for a copy of "Pitcher Plants of Borneo " by
>Anthea Phillips and Anthony Lamb. I understand that it costs RM 95.00.
>Trouble is, when I go to the bank
>to get a draft, the people in the international currencies dept. can't
>find RM's on their lists of currencies. I would get a draft in US $
>equivalents, but since they can't find the currency of Borneo on their
>list, they can't give me the current exchange rate. Apparently, credit
>cards are OK. I am a little leery about giving out my credit card #.
>Has anybody bought one of these books? Any problems? Does anyone work
>in a bank,
>and have any advice on where to get a draft in the currency of Borneo?
>Any residents of Borneo on the list? Please drop me a note.
>If anyone has a copy of this book, is it good? Is it worth buying?
>I really like Nepenthes so it would good to hear some reviews.
>
>Mike
>Canada
Hi Mike,
I recently purchased a copy of Pitcher Plants of Borneo.I found it
to be a very good read and in my opinion was well worth the money. What I
found of great interest to me was the colour plates and paintings.These to
me were almost worth the price of the book by itself.I know there were a few
errors in it, but can anyone tell me what book hasn't?I know I found errors
in nearly every book I have seen, but this doesn't detract from readability
of the said books or the information contained therein.I liked the book
anyway and got a second copy to put away for the future.If you decide to
purchase the book and like Nepenthes like I do, I don't think you'll be
disappointed.
Good growing,
Steve.