VFT-2 seasons per year?

John Walker (jorwa@syspac.com)
Fri, 6 Dec 1996 10:00:47 -0800

At 05:20 PM 12/5/96 -0800, Tom wrote:

>I actually put my plants through two seasons a year and run the lights about
>18 hrs. a day for the summer cycle and 12 for the winter. Putting them
>through two cycles a year and growing them under such bright light (speaking
>of light, I use 1 cool white for every gro-lux bulb) achieves amazing results.
Hi Tom,

Could you elaborate on this two cycle system? How many Summer months to how
many Winter months? During the Winter months do you lower the Temps to 50F?
During my Winter months I place the plants in the fridge. Do you think that
your system is compatable with my style of Wintering the VFT's? It might be
fun to try experimenting with a few plants.

Thanks for the advice,
John in Phoenix