CP's in the tropics ?

From: J. Mario Montero (ceciliaa@cariari.ucr.ac.cr)
Date: Wed Jan 01 1997 - 11:47:34 PST

Date: Wed, 01 Jan 1997 11:47:34 -0800
From: "J. Mario Montero" <ceciliaa@cariari.ucr.ac.cr>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: CP's in the tropics ?

Hello CP people !

My name is Jorge Montero and recently joined CP list. I have a couple of
questions regarding CP and the area I live in.

        Currently I live in Costa Rica (about 10 lat), in San Jose which
is about 1000 m above sea level (~3000 ft for people in the US). I would
like to know:

1-) Is there any CP which's natural habitat is around my country or
country's characteristics ?

2-) Can I get these CP species here in Costa Rica ? (I am aware of
CITES regulations might make it difficult to import them)

3-) Hey a good book for starters.

        Thank you in advance to all who respond (my private email please)

Jorge M. Montero.