Re: Sarracenia phylogeny

From: SCHLAUER@chemie.uni-wuerzburg.de
Date: Fri Jan 10 1997 - 16:47:35 PST

Date:          Fri, 10 Jan 1997 16:47:35
From: SCHLAUER@chemie.uni-wuerzburg.de
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject:       Re: Sarracenia phylogeny

Dear Fernando,

> I remeber reading here a few weeks back about an article on the
> phylogeny of Sarracenia. Does anyone remember that reference?

A new paper of interest: "Phylogenetic relationships in Sarraceniaceae
based on rbcl and ITS sequences" by Randall J. Bayer, Larry Hufford,
and Douglas E. Soltis, in Systematic Botany April-June 1996, Volume
21, Number 2. pp. 121-134.

Michael Chamberland

Is this what you wanted?

> P.S. Jan, about the CPs in Costa Rica, I would imagine D.brevifolia
> and/or D.panamensis would also be possible candidates for native
> CPs. Not to mention G.filiformis. If I remember well, this species
> has been collected as far N as Belize.

Yes, possible.

BTW there is a www page on the plants of Costa Rica:

http://www.inbio.ac.cr/manual.plantas/busca.html

or the English equivalent:

gopher://cissus.mobot.org:70/77/FL_CL/CL_Costa_Rica./.index/crl

Kind regards
Jan