Re: virus-warning

From: Andreas Wistuba (andreas.wistuba@rhein-neckar.de)
Date: Fri Jan 17 1997 - 10:13:49 PST

Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 18:13:49 +0000
From: "Andreas Wistuba" <andreas.wistuba@rhein-neckar.de>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: virus-warning

On 17 Jan 97 at 9:03, tx321aj@sunmail.lrz-muenchen. wrote:

> If you get a email-message with the subject: GOOD TIMES, delete it=20
> immediately. Do not download or read the message! The virus will trash=20
> your computer after he has sent automatically to any of your=20
> email-adresses. This virus is, so I=B4m told, very dangerous. =20
>
> Happy computing! Klaus
> =20

Dear Klaus.

In fact the "virus" is the message you sent;-)

The whole thing is a hoax around for years now on the internet.
There is NO GOOD TIMES virus.

Bye,

Andreas

Andreas Wistuba; Mudauer Ring 227; 68259 Mannheim; Germany
Phone: +49-621-705471 / +49-621-7152027
Fax: +49-621-7152028
E-Mail: andreas.wistuba@rhein-neckar.de
WWW: http://www.rhein-neckar.de/~carnivor/index.html