burkei

From: John De Witte (j.dewitte@t-online.de)
Date: Sun Jan 19 1997 - 04:20:01 PST

Date: Sun, 19 Jan 1997 12:20:01 +0000
From: j.dewitte@t-online.de (John De Witte)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: burkei

Here my bit on the n. burkei discussion. I took a dive in the
greenhouse to have a look at the survivors after the recent dry
period (low external humidity at extreme low temperatures plus
central heating caused almost desert conditions, with plants showing
wrinkled leaves). Lost a couple of small ones but the majority
survives and is generating side-shoots. Funny how extreme conditions
almost seem to force the nepenthes to reproduce asexxually. So much
for the situation report. Yes I have a plant labelled "n. burkei" and
I still remember where it came from, so Jan can maybe confirm the
correctness of the labelling. It even has pitchers, confirming
Johannes Marabini's description. I might be able to catch an
electronic camera, take a picture and post it to whoever wants it.
Alternative, I will make the ultime sacrifice and join the main
stream in getting a home-page. (in fact most of the nepenthes we
pictured during our travels in SE-Asia are being burned on CD - bad
experience with durability of true colors on slides -) The question
is: will it be a Harley page with a bit of CP, or a nepenthes page
with a bit of HD ?????

John De Witte
j.dewitte@t-online.de
fax +49-7844-98997