Re: U.arenaria and worms

From: Fernando Rivadavia (ss69615@ecc-xs09.hongo.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp)
Date: Thu Jan 23 1997 - 00:33:28 PST

Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 17:33:28 +0900 (JST)
From: Fernando Rivadavia <ss69615@ecc-xs09.hongo.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: U.arenaria and worms

To all,

        HA! My U.arenaria had no problems at all with worms! I'm serious
this plant is really the king of weeds! I used to have a TERRIBLE problem
with worms in my greenhouse back in Brazil. I think it was some native
species which came along in one of my collecting trips. All I know is that
it was small, thin, and reddish and soon invaded almost every pot I had.
It did the most damage in the pots where I was germinating seeds. Yet
U.arenaria kept right on growing, flowering, and doing what it does best:
invading other pots! The worms didn't even seem to slow it down!

Condolences to those who have U.arenaria,

Fernando Rivadavia
Tokyo, Japan