Hmmm...could I use RO fishtank water for CPs?

From: Pat Jellison (jellison@ceps.nasm.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 23 1997 - 12:56:49 PST

Date: Thu, 23 Jan 97 15:56:49 EST
From: jellison@ceps.nasm.edu (Pat Jellison)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Hmmm...could I use RO fishtank water for CPs?

Hello esteemed CP-ers,

Here's a question over which I've been puzzling. I have
but one terrarium, covered, with CPs in it (one VFT, three
pitcher plants (not sure of species) and one Cape sundew).
I have a ready source of RO water since we use it for
certain of our south american cichlid fishtanks.

The question: We do water changes on these fishtanks. Would
it be ok, even good, to use the "discard" water from the tanks?
It would basically be RO water with small amounts of fish
waste added. I use this water on my non-CP plants and they
grow extremely well with the fish-waste as fertilizer. We
do not add any chemicals to the tanks, BTW.

Any thoughts?

Pat (who hates to waste anything!)
jellison@ceps.nasm.edu