extremely fast sarra germination!

From: Russell Elliott (relliott@geocities.com)
Date: Sat Feb 08 1997 - 11:34:17 PST

Date: Sat, 08 Feb 1997 11:34:17 -0800
From: Russell Elliott <relliott@geocities.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: extremely fast sarra germination!

Hi,

 I remember a week or two ago someone emailed the list and
said that they had some Sarra seed that had been stratifying
in the refrigerator for ten months, and was wondering if they
would germinate or not. Well, about nine days ago I planted
some S.flava, S.minor and S.psittacina. The flavas and the pssits
have already germinated! Reason why: they have just spent 12 months
in chopped moist spaghnum in plastic press seal bags! They were
never meant to spend this amount of time in the crisper, but I
just clean forgot about them! While the fridge was being cleaned
I found them there and decided to plant them. I sowed them on
long fibre spaghnum moss, and just spread the contents of the
little bags, seed and all on the surface. This is the fastest
germination I have ever seen!

 Has anyone else had seed germinate so quickly?

Bye for Now,

Russell

--
! Russell Elliott, Seed Bank Director,                          !