Re: Shipping between US and Canada

From: Chris Teichreb (teichrch@MEENA.CC.UREGINA.CA)
Date: Tue Feb 11 1997 - 18:16:21 PST

Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 20:16:21 -0600 (CST)
From: Chris Teichreb <teichrch@MEENA.CC.UREGINA.CA>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Shipping between US and Canada

> I don't have complete information yet and am not sure whether the program is
> limited to greenhouse grown plants (defined as indoor foliage, flowering
> plants and bedding plants) but it's a step in the right direction. Contact
> your local APHIS or AAFC office for additional details.

        Here here! It's about time the officials made it a bit easier to
ship plants from the US to Canada. Although I've rarely had problems
doing this, I have found that getting information on how to legally ship
'exotic' greenhouse grown plants can become quite confusing and
overwhelming. Hopefully the officials will be a little more organized
when it comes to this new policy. I'm not bitter about the government,
I just hate being put on hold when they have to ask someone else ;-)!

> Carlo
>
> Carlo A. Balistrieri, J.D. Email: CABalist@facstaff.wisc.edu
> P.O. Box 327
> Ashippun, WI 53003-0327
> U.S.A.
> Voice: 414.569.1902 Telefax: same number, please call ahead.

Regards,

Chris Teichreb
Department of Biology
University of Regina