Re: Tissue culture help needed

From: Carl Mazur (cherryhillcp@freenet.hamilton.on.ca)
Date: Wed Feb 12 1997 - 22:26:28 PST

Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 22:26:28 -0800
From: "Carl Mazur" <cherryhillcp@freenet.hamilton.on.ca>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Tissue culture help needed

Hi Ed

Carl Mazur here, so it looks like you are into TC. Neat. The head of
Science department where I teach and myself are trying our hands at doing
TC work with VFTs. We are just waiting to get our fans installed on our
Laminar flow hood (home made none the less). We have all our chemicals,
and flasks, our media and tools, we're ready to go. The only question I
have left unanswered is "what do I use a transplant medium"? You see, we
plant to start the seeds in vitro in 1/4 strength MS media. Then when
ready, I plan to clone by division when I transplant the seedlings. What
sort of chemicals do I add into the transplant media to promote root
production? Or can I use the same media formula as I used to germinate the
seedlings.

Any advice you have to help on on the process would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Carl J.Mazur
Cherryhill Carnivorous Plants
Grimsby, ON Canada