Re: Nepenthes

From: Chris Teichreb (teichrch@MEENA.CC.UREGINA.CA)
Date: Mon Feb 17 1997 - 06:56:42 PST

Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 08:56:42 -0600 (CST)
From: Chris Teichreb <teichrch@MEENA.CC.UREGINA.CA>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Nepenthes

Hi Josh,

> Hi,
>
> I would like to know the easiest type Nepenthes to grow, I have never
> tryed them before. Also I would like to know some of the requirements
> they need to survive.

        I'd have to say one of the easiest is N.alata. This is like
the D.capensis of the Nepenthes! It grows quite well and pitchers under
low humidity (for Nepenthes). For requirements, I'd suggest going to
one of the many web-pages (start off at http://www.hpl.hp.com/bot/cp_home)
and you'll find what you need.

> P.S- If anyone has any Nepenthes seeds they would like to sell me
> please E-Mail me at diane.lehman@sympatico.ca.
> Thanks.

        It's better to start with cuttings rather than seed. Takes
a lot less longer to get large pitchers and cuttings are generally
more reliable than seeds of Nepenthes species.

> Sincerely,
>
> Josh Lehman

Regards,

Chris Teichreb