Re: Propagating Cephalotus

From: Heggood@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 18 1997 - 12:19:03 PST

Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 15:19:03 -0500 (EST)
From: Heggood@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Propagating Cephalotus

Having enjoyed the discussions for Nepenthes propagation, I would like
to poll the list subscribers that have had success in the propagation of
cephalotus via cuttings.

I have about a dozen established plants that I grow under flourescents
that have recently put on a spurt of non-pitchered leaf growth. They
grow in roughly 45/45 sand/peat + 10% fine pine bark. Some of them
resulted from natural shoot production. I would like to increase my
stand using someone's tried and true method of asexual reproduction.

These are the standard cephalotus, not the giant, if it makes any difference
in propagation methods.

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-steve-