*IMPORTANT* CP VOLUNTEERS NEEDED (PART II)

From: L235@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 21 1997 - 10:48:09 PST

Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 13:48:09 -0500 (EST)
From: L235@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: *IMPORTANT* CP VOLUNTEERS NEEDED (PART II)

I'm again posting my (official) request for CP volunteers
for the International Carnivorous Plant Society's new
Educational Resource Network (ERN). We now have volunteers
from several U.S. states (Washington State, Alabama, Texas, Missouri, Alabama
and the Washington-DC area) and the United Kingdon (London area) but
no one from the rest of Europe, Asia, Australia/NZ, or Africa. Ideally, I'd
like to have representatives from all US regions, continental Europe, Japan,
Australia, New Zealand and South Africa, at a minimum.

Before I plea with individual local/national societies (Russell,
Danny, Demetrio, Tom, Ivo, Fernando .. you're all next), I'd like
to post my request again to the listserv:

I'm looking for people who would be willing to respond to requests
for basic information on cultivating CPs, local sources for plants,
etc. (school projects, donations of extra plants and the like).

The time commitment should be minimal (basic sources of information
will be sent by ICPS directly via form letters under development, references
to applicable web sites, etc.)

It would be useful (and good for the hobby) to have "live people" available
to talk to, offer tours of their collections, help with science projects,
etc. from time to time.

Thanks to all who have volunteered so far, and for those who are (now)
interested, please e-mail me directly at the address below with name,
location, postal and e-mail addresses, and phone numbers, as well as best
times/dates to call, if available:

Jay Lechtman, vice president, ICPS
(L235@aol.com)