Sarracenia flower removal?

From: Dreyseth@aol.com
Date: Sun Feb 23 1997 - 23:50:17 PST

Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 02:50:17 -0500 (EST)
From: Dreyseth@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Sarracenia flower removal?

It is my understanding that flowering does use much of a plants resources
(energy) which can otherwise be diverted to growh of the rest of the plant if
the flowers are removed (the sooner, the more energy saved), but if a plant
is otherwise healthy and doing fine, I definitely would let the plant do what
it wants to do.
I admire and am fascinated by the plants that I grow. This includes every
aspect about them. Their beautiful and wonderous flowers are no less to me
than the carnivorous nature of these plants. Many people admire plants only
for their flowers. CP's have even more going for them, but I would not
discredit their flowers because of this.