A bit of a plant question!

From: Phill Cook (pac@physchem.ox.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Feb 25 1997 - 08:07:39 PST

Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 16:07:39 GMT
From: Phill Cook <pac@physchem.ox.ac.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: A bit of a plant question!

Dear All,

First of all thanks to all those who have helped me out before.

I have a collection of Byblis Gigantea seedlings, about 6 weeks/2 months old.
They are kept under a 23W low energy fluorescent light bulb, at a distance
of about 6-8 inches (any closer and the new leaves go brown, as if they're
scorching). Growth is compact and shrubby, with no sign of limp straggly
growth (etiolation?), and the leaves have a mid green healthy colouration.
The down side is that they don't appear to be very sticky. The first leaves
after germination were, but subsequent leaves (each plant has ~ 6) have not
been.

I've tried covering some pots to create terrarium like conditions, but to
no apparent advantage, and the conditions described appear to be ideal for
my sundew seedlings.

Anybody offer any advice? Feel free to mail me personally;

pac@physchem.ox.ac.uk.

Phill Cook
Physical and Theoretical Chemistry,
University of Oxford.