Nep nectar

From: Laurent Ide (lide@dvddd.com)
Date: Sun Mar 02 1997 - 01:47:12 PST

Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 09:47:12 GMT
From: Laurent Ide <lide@dvddd.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nep nectar

Hi all,

I observed yesterday on my nep this strange fact. Now it's time for him to
grow again (he felt his dormancy period because of the low light he
received - I got no artificial lighting).
So he grows quickly at now... On the old pitchers, that have turned to
black to the half, so the peristom is dead, tne nectar continue to be
produced ! So the peristom is shiny... One of the 'dead' pitchers produce
so many nectar that I can see a big drop under it, seems like honey for
consistency.

Could anyone explain where is the nectar produced ? Does it come from hart
of the plant, then drained to the pitchers ?

Last year I've lost one of my favourite plant, D. filiformis. Does anyone
have a few seeds for me ? I'll remember his adress and I'll trade with
other seeds in fall - thanks.

Laurent