Ant Plant

From: Wim Leys (leyswi@lin.vlaanderen.be)
Date: Mon Mar 03 1997 - 09:53:22 PST

Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 09:53:22 -0800
From: Wim Leys <leyswi@lin.vlaanderen.be>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Ant Plant

Hi,

Last winter my sister bought an "Ant Plant" (Dischidia pectenoides).
Each time I visited her, I collected the ripe seeds and stored them in
the refridgerator.

I was thinking of sowing them. Does anyone know how to sow these seeds
(time of year, wet / dry, soil composition) and how to multiplicate the
plant by taking cuttings (I noticed a lot of aeral roots) ?

The label in the pot says :
"Ant plant (Dischidia pectenoides); Needs much light; Min. temp. 18 C;
Water : moderately, may not dry up; Feed now and then."

Thanks

Wim

--
Wim Leys, ministerie van de Vlaamse Gemeenschap, afdeling Informatica
LIN