Re: Only have one VFT

From: John Walker (jorwa@syspac.com)
Date: Mon Mar 03 1997 - 09:19:53 PST

Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 09:19:53 -0800
From: John Walker <jorwa@syspac.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Only have one VFT

At 06:13 AM 3/3/97 -0800, you wrote:
>I only have one VFT. Is there anyone who would be interested in trading
>VFT pollen when the time comes? If anyone is interested you can email
>directly to my address.
>Thanks,
>Lee
Hi Lee,

I think that you will find that you only need 1 VFT in flower to produce
seed. I use a small paint brush (the kind used in painting with water
colors) and brush the pollen from one flower onto the pistil of another
flower. I never seem to get a lot of seed but I do get some. The seed can
be found in the dry, black flowers several months later. They are small,
black, and glossy.

Hope this helps,
John in Phoenix