D. hybrida isn't sterile

From: Bruce R Salmon (brucesal@voyager.co.nz)
Date: Wed Mar 12 1997 - 14:53:24 PST

Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 11:53:24 +1300 (NZDT)
From: Bruce R Salmon <brucesal@voyager.co.nz>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: D. hybrida isn't sterile

A D. hybrida = (D. filliformis ssp. filliformis x D. intermedia) plant that
I had a few years ago was split up and a piece or two given to a friend of
mine. These pieces were planted in a large artificial swamp where he worked.
Two years later we noticed 20 or so small plants scattered near the parents
and also some distance away. They look exactly like the parent plants and
there is nothing else they could be a hybrid with. We have not noticed any
pollinators but we will have a good look next flowering season

Bruce