Piracy

From: Carlstrom_Rick@amelnx.advmar.com
Date: Fri Mar 14 1997 - 05:41:23 PST

Date: Fri, 14 Mar 97 08:41:23 EST
From: Carlstrom_Rick@amelnx.advmar.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Piracy

        I Fully agree with Paul Temple's comments on photocopying books. I
     special ordered Mr Temple's Wisley Handbook for my CP book collection.
      I do not understand why someone would want to have a crapy photocopy
     of a color book when they could own the real think for a few dollars.

        On another note how does UK (or other countries) law treat the book
     "licensing agreement" when a book is destroyed? My Slack book was
     destroyed by a water leak. Should I get replacement copy free or at
     publication cost since I still retain the license to the original
     book? Do libraries get replacements for worn out books at printing
     cost? Just a thought.

     Rick Carlstrom