Lights

From: Chris Teichreb (teichrch@MEENA.CC.UREGINA.CA)
Date: Wed Mar 19 1997 - 10:40:17 PST

Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 12:40:17 -0600 (CST)
From: Chris Teichreb <teichrch@MEENA.CC.UREGINA.CA>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Lights

Hi all,

        More on this topic. In the local hardware store I noticed
these fluorescent fixtures made by GE. There was industrial and
plant gro and sho varieties. The interesting thing about them
is that the whole thing is one disposable unit, ie: when
the light burns out (they say in 3-5 years), you just throw the
entire thing out. The light itself is about 25inches long
with the total length being just over that. It puts out
33 watts. Pretty good for a little light. I figured it may
be good for small spaces. Does anyone have any experience
with these lights? Thanks for any help you may provide.

Regards,

Chris Teichreb
Department of Biology
University of Regina