Getting started

From: George Lewis (gflewis@pop.erols.com)
Date: Wed Mar 19 1997 - 15:02:50 PST

Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 18:02:50 -0500
From: "George Lewis" <gflewis@pop.erols.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Getting started

Hi,
Recently I purchased a " Venus Fly Trap" from a local nursery. I'm
looking for help on getting started. Where should they be grown?
Can they be grown outdoors? I live about 45 miles south of
Washington DC, in Virginia. In a terrarium or just as a potted plant?
Can you grow them under flourescent lighting? Will they get enough
food just sitting on a window sill somewhere? As long as I don't get
too ambitious is an old 20 gallon aquarium with the flourescent light hood
suitable for a terrarium? I've read about some fairly elaborate, and
large setups, but as a beginner I don't want to go into it too heavily at the
start. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
George Lewis
gflewis@erols.com