Nepenthes

From: Niels Asger Nielsen (NAN@HDC.HHA.DK)
Date: Fri Mar 21 1997 - 00:08:06 PST

Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 10:08:06 +0200
From: NAN@HDC.HHA.DK (Niels Asger Nielsen)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nepenthes

My Nepenthes hybrid is a very vigourous one. It is sitting out in the open
air on a windowsill just above the radiator which is working overtime at
the moment in Denmark. It is 2 to 4 degrees C. during the day and -5 to -10
during the night. It is growing all the time and it is trying to pitcher on
each leaf. Often the plant doesn't quite succeed making the pitcher, the
pitcher is not totally unfolded but it is working, though. I am quite
convinced that the plant will do great when the temperatures rise and the
heater can be turned off.
What I would like to know is which type of nepenthes it is. Is it a
lowlander, highlander or what is it? It is a very small plant with slightly
redening pitchers only about an inch in length. The leaves are about 3-4
inches long, slightly red-spotted and hairy, not glossy. Obviosly it
doesn't need very humid air to grow and pitcher. I should also say that
each new leaf is longer than the old ones, so maybe it is a bigger plant as
an adult. And it was a cheap plant. Could anyone help me with an
approximate identification of the hybrid.

Niels

Niels Asger Nielsen
MAPP researcher, Msc

The Aarhus School of Business