Re: Nepenthes

From: andreas.wistuba@rhein-neckar.de
Date: Fri Mar 21 1997 - 02:35:52 PST

Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 10:35:52 +0000
From: andreas.wistuba@rhein-neckar.de
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Nepenthes

On 21 Mar 97 at 1:14, Niels Asger Nielsen wrote:

> What I would like to know is which type of nepenthes it is. Is it a
> lowlander, highlander or what is it? It is a very small plant with slightly
> redening pitchers only about an inch in length. The leaves are about 3-4
> inches long, slightly red-spotted and hairy, not glossy. Obviosly it
> doesn't need very humid air to grow and pitcher. I should also say that
> each new leaf is longer than the old ones, so maybe it is a bigger plant as
> an adult. And it was a cheap plant. Could anyone help me with an
> approximate identification of the hybrid.

You need to go more into details to make an identification possible.
However, the fact that it survives without a humid environment might
be a hint for a hybrid origin, which however makes identification
very difficult to impossible without seeing the plant. Hybrids are
the easiest growers usually.

Bye,

Andreas

Andreas Wistuba; Mudauer Ring 227; 68259 Mannheim; Germany
Phone: +49-621-705471 / +49-621-7152027
Fax: +49-621-7152028
E-Mail: andreas.wistuba@rhein-neckar.de
WWW: http://www.rhein-neckar.de/~carnivor/index.html