D. capillaris eaten by cat

From: Chris Marsden (Byway@compuserve.com)
Date: Sat Mar 22 1997 - 12:09:23 PST

Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 15:09:23 -0500
From: Chris Marsden <Byway@compuserve.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: D. capillaris eaten by cat

Neal,

> I think my cat dug up and ate a clump of Drosera capillaris, Does
>anyone know if this will hurt my cat?

Well I can tell you whether it'll hurt the Drosera :-)
After eating a lovely plant I think I'd hope it /did/ get hurt. You
obviously have a much greater regard for our furry feline friends than I
do.

However, the only thing I'd worry about id a) if it chokes, or b) it gets
tetanus. Does anyone know if cats get tetanus? Or what about Mad Cat
Disease (Feline spongiform encephalopartitis)? Only Kidding ;-)

>so the
>Drosera was just starting to get out of shock from the mail.

Well it's just had a hell of a shock now :-)

Kind Regards,

Toby