Re: Bog question

From: Lumraptor (lumraptr@indy.net)
Date: Thu Mar 27 1997 - 17:18:39 PST

Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 20:18:39 -0500 (EST)
From: Lumraptor <lumraptr@indy.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Bog question

On Wed, 26 Mar 1997, dave evans wrote:

> > I live in Southern California. The weather rarely gets below 50F in the
> > winter, and stays warm in the summer (infrequently above 90F, but usually in the
> Hi Cindy,
>
> I envy you. There is just about no genus of CP you couldn't
> plant. (Drosophyllum comes to mind as something that wouldn't do.)

> I'm stuck with only growing CP from N. America and a couple Pings
> from Europe outdoors year around. You could plant ALL* the N. American
> CP,

  I don't think this is exactly true.... Are the shortening days of Winter
enough to make plants go dormant? I would think you would also need to
have the cold temperatures to make CP die back to winter buds?

Sincerely,

Kevin O'Connell

  "Life is light that shines in the Darkness"

       Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind