Re: Neps prices

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Thu Apr 03 1997 - 13:51:00 PST

Date:    Thu, 03 Apr 97 16:51 EST
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Neps prices

Hi,

> From: Ide Laurent <ide@ARCADIS.BE>
>
> Are the prices I see trough the different messages normal ?
> I've bought my N. burkei for 12 $, young plant 15 cm high in very good health.
> 6 months later it's 30 high with 10 cm pitchers

Perhaps these are good deals? The prices are based on two things.
The average price I see for a given plant and how much I value a
given plant. If the prices don't seem fair, buyers can certianly
ask for better descriptions and cancel if they are not interested...
The plants are almost all very large and well worth the money. :)

> I can find hybrids for 3-5 $
> I talk about rooted plants in pot !

   I wish I could find prices like that... I have seen N.mad. for
sale at those prices, but that's the only Nep so far and it was not
so big, only in a two inch pot.

> So, why are the prices so high in the US ?
> Watch out for commercial operation...

Boo! Scared you, huh?

I'm not commercial but if I was I'd be out of work or job ;)
I spent way more money on my plants than, than I could even think
about making back (never mind turning a profit). My prices are
higher than some and lower than other, and most of those places
charging higher prices have to make a profit, course of. I sure
like ordering from them either way though.

Dave Evans