Lobes kicking the bucket

From: Richard Harris (k956847@crystal.king.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Apr 09 1997 - 08:00:33 PDT

Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 15:00:33 GMT0BST
From: Richard Harris <k956847@crystal.king.ac.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Lobes kicking the bucket

Hi There,

I am very new to this list so this has probably gone out before, but
I have a Venus Fly Trap (Dionaea muscipula) which I have kept successfully
for the last few years, however the shoots which are sprouting
grow a bit, and the lobes look like little hooks (at that point) are
dying off, I keep it in a southern facing area of the room, just
graduating to outdoors, also southern facing, with lots of sunlight
in the specified temperatures, more or less, using rain water.

It has just over wintered, and could it possibly be false starts,
until the right conditions are met?
Would the death of the lobes deminish the ability for fresh growth?
Could someone tell me what I am doing wrong?
I am a newbie at growing Carnivorous plants and to this list,
so please..... be gentle ;-)
Thanks for your time
Richard