RE: first post and HELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From: Semanchuk, Phil J (pjs20347@glaxowellcome.com)
Date: Wed Apr 16 1997 - 13:13:52 PDT

Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 16:13:52 -0400
From: "Semanchuk, Phil J" <pjs20347@glaxowellcome.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: first post and HELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> this is my first post here so let me first introduce
> my self. my name is yaniv and im from Israel.think im
> the only one here that growes vft.i just came a couple
> of days ago from europe and brought the VFT with me.
> built him a nice terrarium and followed all the FAQ
> instructions,how ever i think that the leaves (not
> the traps but the leaves that lead to the trap)r
> getting a pale green color.
> any advise?if u have any please post it imidiatly
> since im concern about the VFT future and if he dies
> i cant get another one here,at all.
> thanks.yaniv.

Yaniv, I know that there's at least one other CP list member in Israel,
so you're not alone.

Your VFT problems are a little hard to diagnose from what you've told
us. A pale green color on the leaves that lead to the trap -- I believe
these are called "petioles" -- could be caused by a number of things and
might not even be a problem at all. My first guess would be that it is
not getting enough light since it is in a terrarium. Is this possible?

Phil
pjs20347@GlaxoWellcome.com or MrBones@Mindspring.com
URL du jour: http://www.mindspring.com/~bchayes/mshame.htm