New member

From: Rocky Dickerson (randls@juno.com)
Date: Thu Apr 17 1997 - 18:51:13 PDT

Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 18:51:13 -0700
From: randls@juno.com (Rocky Dickerson)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: New member

        Hello fellow CP lovers and growers! My name is Ryan Dickerson
and I just discovered and subscribed to this list. I live in Salem,
Oregon (U.S.A.) and grow a small collection of CP's (mainly Sarracenia
and Drosera) on my windowsill and a few in my outdoor pond. Someday I
will have a huge greenhouse overflowing with CP's, since they are so
fascinating and intriguing. I am an amateur grower, but I have been
pretty successful since I started growing CP's about five years ago. I
am excited about this discussion group since I have had many questions
with no one to ask.
        I would now like to ask my first question. I purchased a small
specimen of C. follicularis at the end of last year. It established well
and slowly began to grow over the winter. Then at the start of spring
this year for no apparent reason it completely died back and appears
dead. I've read that Cephalotus is known to die back then regrow many
months later, but it looks dead. Is this common? Should I wait and see
what happens? And how about humidity how much does it actually require?

        Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.