$25 Reverse Osmosis Unit

From: Dean Jones (mojoman@sat.net)
Date: Mon Apr 21 1997 - 21:30:46 PDT

Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 23:30:46 -0500
From: Dean Jones <mojoman@sat.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: $25 Reverse Osmosis Unit

Hello... keep in mind that I am a newbie to this list & I am still learning
at growing CP.
A friend of mine is a home builder & he had two reverse osmosis units that
had never been
out of the box & were never installed in new home construction. He's had
them for about 2
months & he didn't know what they really were used for other than home
buyers requested them then changed their mind. Anyway, he offered them to
me for $25.00 each or BOTH for $45.00.
I only bought one of them but I can still buy the other one if I need to.
They both were a Premier Brand, 4-stage system & would produce 15-35
gallons of water per day depending on water pressure.
He said they were expensive & I don't think I got ripped off as the exact
same brand name & model in Lowe's is currently priced at $195.00..I guess I
should've bought them both.
Anyway, my question is this:

Is the water produced by these systems safe to use on VFT, D. capillaris,N.
Madgascariensis,
S. flava, and other CP???
Or did I just waste my money on an overpriced water filter & I am still
dependent on using distilled water/rain water??? Lowe's also sells another
model of the same brand name of Premier for $235.00, except it is a 5 stage
system rather than the 4 stage one I bought---if a R.O. system is OK for CP
watering, do I really need a 5 stage instead of a 4 stage? Should I go back
& buy the other one he has for $25.00 or is it a waste of money as far as
CP watering is concerned??

Thanks for any help to this newbie...
Dean Jones