CP in dictionaries

From: Ide Laurent (ide@arcadis.be)
Date: Tue Apr 22 1997 - 09:28:56 PDT

Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 17:28:56 +0100
From: Ide Laurent <ide@arcadis.be>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: CP in dictionaries

Hello to all

When I find a dictionary, I still love to search for CP definitions.

Not all the plants figure in these books. In an old one (1924) I found
definition for a few plants. The nepenthes definition includes a nice
drawing, but does not explain the carnivorous behaviour of the plant ! It's
just related the plant have wrong leaves in form of pitchers.

In the more recent 'Petit Robert' (french readers could verify), a few plants
are present. The drosera is well described, the definition of the VFT is
really strange (after reading that, you can doubt about the fact: is it really
the VFT they're talking about ?) But the more interesting information came
later: nepenthes grows in Malaysia and Madagascar (only), and is from the well
known family of Sarraceniaceae...

Laurent