attack of the pink stuff

From: yolk-man@juno.com
Date: Tue Apr 22 1997 - 09:07:07 PDT

Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 12:07:07 EDT
From: yolk-man@juno.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: attack of the pink stuff

Hello,

Even though I have been monitoring the list for several months now, this
is my first post. I live in phoenix, AZ and only have been growing cp for
a few months. I am frankly proud of the fact that I haven't killed any
of them yet and so consider myself to be doing quite well. I have tried
to grow them several times in the past, but ended up killing all of them.

The problem that I have now is with a vft that I bought from Home Depot a
couple of days ago. Today I noticed one of the smaller traps totally
covered in a layer of pinkish slime, almost. At a closer look, some of
the bigger traps had blotches of this stuff on them too. It isn't fuzzy
like mold or a fungus, (at least the ones I've seen), and even if it is a
fungus, how do I get rid of it? What will happen if I don't? How much
damage can this stuff do? I have no idea what this is or what to do
about it and am hoping someone can help. Thanks.

Aaron