Re: attack of the pink stuff

From: Brett Lymn (blymn@awadi.com.au)
Date: Wed Apr 23 1997 - 03:25:40 PDT

Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 19:55:40 +0930 (CST)
From: blymn@awadi.com.au (Brett Lymn)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: attack of the pink stuff

Uhhhhh let me preface this by saying that your subject line conjured
an entirely different mind picture for me - the less said about it the
better, especially considering the public decency laws you suffer
under ;-)

According to yolk-man@juno.com:

>The problem that I have now is with a vft that I bought from Home Depot a
>couple of days ago. Today I noticed one of the smaller traps totally
>covered in a layer of pinkish slime, almost. At a closer look, some of
>the bigger traps had blotches of this stuff on them too. It isn't fuzzy
>like mold or a fungus, (at least the ones I've seen), and even if it is a
>fungus, how do I get rid of it? What will happen if I don't? How much
>damage can this stuff do? I have no idea what this is or what to do
>about it and am hoping someone can help. Thanks.

You don't say where you are keeping these plants but I would suspect
they are in some sort of terrarium arrangement? If this is the case
they are probably suffering from too little light and not enough air
circulation.

--
  "Upgrading your memory gives you MORE RAM!" - ad in MacWAREHOUSE catalogue.