Plant Repotting

From: Andrew Harbottle (andrew.harbottle@newcastle.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Apr 23 1997 - 01:42:53 PDT

Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 08:42:53 +0000
From: Andrew Harbottle <andrew.harbottle@newcastle.ac.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Plant Repotting

Hi there,

        Just a short question, I bought a number of plants last summer,
VFT, D.binta, S.flava etc. all of these plants survived the winter where I
moved them from a southfacing windowsill to an unheated conservatory. Since
I brought the plants back in the all the plants are doing well, the venus
fly trap however seems to be stuggling. I sends out new leaves with well
formed traps with some red colouration, these traps however seem to be
closing for no particular reason, I has not been hot enough to have the
window open so they are not been triggered by flies. The only other thing
I have noticed is a slightly pale complection to the leaves. Has anyone
any theories as to what if anything might be wrong. My only though was
that the plant might need repotting, the pot is fairly large - 3 inches
accros, with two plants - on large plant spanning the pot and a small
immature plant 1 inch accross. The plant has been watered nothing but
distilled water since I got it so this cannot be the problem. Another
problem may be lack of feeding since the plant came out of dormancy - does
this effect the plants function or just effect the growth of the plant.

Any suggestions

Cheers Andy